Sloganize the Huntsvegas metropolis!
I shared this with a few people last night but it's worth re-linking here. The Huntsville Times is running a tongue-in-cheek contest to provide new slogans for our sleepy, geeky city. The current suggestions are here.
- Huntsville: We Vote No on Yes. (Ask anyone who lives here for a frustrated, maddening explanation involving the horrible Alabama constitution and human stupidity)
- Huntsville: Home of the Most Romantic Engineers in the World. (Hi, spouse!)
- Huntsville: Have we eaten Madison yet? (*burp* We have you surrounded! Come out with your McMansions up!)
- We do SO have mountains (although they look like big hills)
- We do SO have traffic (but only on I-565 during rush hour)
- Huntsville: If there was suddenly world peace, we'd all be out of business! (The truth of this statement disturbs me)
...and my favorite?
Huntsville: Unfortunately, it's surrounded by Alabama.