Sloganize the Huntsvegas metropolis!
I shared this with a few people last night but it's worth re-linking here. The Huntsville Times is running a tongue-in-cheek contest to provide new slogans for our sleepy, geeky city. The current suggestions are here.
- Huntsville: We Vote No on Yes. (Ask anyone who lives here for a frustrated, maddening explanation involving the horrible Alabama constitution and human stupidity)
- Huntsville: Home of the Most Romantic Engineers in the World. (Hi, spouse!)
- Huntsville: Have we eaten Madison yet? (*burp* We have you surrounded! Come out with your McMansions up!)
- We do SO have mountains (although they look like big hills)
- We do SO have traffic (but only on I-565 during rush hour)
- Huntsville: If there was suddenly world peace, we'd all be out of business! (The truth of this statement disturbs me)
...and my favorite?
Huntsville: Unfortunately, it's surrounded by Alabama.
I was going to post one
I was going to post one similar to your last one until I saw it :)
Huntsville: Because when the world ends, it will really be Alabama's fault.
Huntsville: We love our Ketchup.
Huntsville: Just past the Sock capitol of the world.
Huntsville: What is it good for? War! :)
My faves from that list: 1)
My faves from that list:
1) We ARE rocket scientists
2) Tornado 'warning' means duck!
3) Just ignore that booming sound
(#3 because I lived 1/2 mile from Wyle Labs when they had that huge accident in the middle of the night - when it feels like an earthquake in AL, it'll wake you up)