- content index
- life list
- find me elsewhere
- team jeffie
- the catbeasts
So, I asked myself, what do I want to do in this life?
In no particular order. Some are stolen from Birthday letters (3): the best of intentions, a little life list I wrote on my 27th birthday.
Ride a horse and dismount in a controlled manner.Done in January 2012 at Disney World.
- Wrap my hands around a steaming cup of coffee while staring at St. Basil’s in the snow.
Finally tour New England.Done in autumn 2011. Taking a job with a Boston-area company helped. See the Carolinas.Done in April 2013, on a sewing retreat with Jacob.
- Successfully complete a Mariner’s Compass quilt.
- Learn to read music.
Finally take that decades-delayed trip to London.Stayed there for two weeks in September 2012. Go back for a master’s degree. But in what?Not sure I really want to do this.
- Finally, actually, really, and truly — write the novel.
- Then write the next one.
- Visit China.
- Camp overnight within earshot of the ocean.
Learn to drive on snowy roads.2011, we had a snowstorm. I learned.
- Learn to make the perfect biscuit.
Successfully order beer. In German. In Germany.August 2012, DrupalCon Munich, in a beer garden. Learn to blow glass.November 2009. Learned the basics, at least. Learn to juggle.July, 2009. Thanks, Jacob. Go intercontinental.August 2009. France.
- Stand on top of Great Wall. Turn to $traveling_companion and say, “Once upon a time, a random raging Mongol horde looked at this and said, ‘Hmph. We’ll just climb over it.’”
- Finish off seeing all 50 states.
- Figure out why in the world I’d go to North Dakota.
- French Laundry. Dinner for one if necessary.
Now that I finally have contact lenses again,go snorkeling.
- Drive across Canada.
Find some way of making the drink-and-snarkfest with Matthew a yearly event.We’re managing. Spend at least half of dragon*con in costume.Did it a couple of years ago.
- Without embarrassment or shyness.
Find out how billboards are put up. Continue to avoid going on a cruise of any kind.This is sort of an ongoing thing.
- Be a bit more forgiving of others. (Except when I’m talking to Matthew.)
- Stop getting quite so twitchy when other people in the same room crunch ice.
- Make the perfect mix CD.
Find out what the contents of a >$100 bottle of wine taste like.October 19, 2007. See the twitterlog. Occasionally buy a piece of clothing not because I’m replacing something similar that I just wore out, but because it was pretty and I liked it.I think I’ve finally hit that point. Finish Quarto.Done - and moved on to Drupal.
- Make fewer lists. Live more.
- Attend the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.
- See aurora borealis in person. Extra credit: aurora australis.
- Photograph the Alhambra.
- Do a work stint in Australia and/or New Zealand. (Preferably ‘and’!)
- Taste a real Kouign-amann in Brittany.
- [Open for suggestions. Tomorrow’s another day.]