Detroit, MI twitterlog for Tuesday, May 12, 2009
I'm in Detroit, teaching a class to librarians. Can we say 'learning experience'? Here's what I've been up to:
- 6:15 AM ET: Working up today's presentation in my hotel room. Smiling because someone across the hall is playing 'Sometime Around Midnight.' m/
- 6:20 AM ET: What I want: YESTERDAY REDUX. (Though maybe fewer fire alarms.) I feel *competent*. What's in my head is apparently worth knowing.
- 2:39 PM ET: *curtsies* Here endeth the lesson.
- 5:27 PM ET: 14 minutes to boarding. A half-hour in O'Hare, then it's time to mark Minnesota off my list of States Yet To See.
- 7:18 PM ET: Hello, Chicago. Don't mind me. I'm not staying.
- 7:44 PM ET: On plane for Minneapolis. This is quite the impulse flight.
- 7:56 PM ET: @esmerel Wasn't it awesome to be right? Go on, bask. I wasn't sure. Glad you were. Thanks for believing in me.
- 7:57 PM ET: @eaton It was a terrifying experience, but I learned that I CAN survive public speaking -- with lots of antacids.
- 7:59 PM ET: Detroit: scary drivers, empty buildings, deep dish pizza, baklava, old friends, old fears, new experiences, antacids. Next adventure plz?
- 9:50 PM ET: Hello, Minnesnowta.
- 10:02 PM ET: Tram announcements at the Minneapolis airport are recorded in this plummy British toffee accent!
- 11:52 PM ET: OMG cheese curds. I am in squeaky, squeaky love. Weather's gorgeous. Hope it's as pretty here in daylight hours.