Minneapolis, MN twitterlog for Sunday, July 12, 2009
I'm in Minneapolis, trying my hand at actually vacationing for a change. Here's what I've been up to:
- 10:35 PM CT: Around me, the house sleeps. I have been away for 13 days. Tomorrow I go home. I can't convey the comfort inherent in that statement.
- 7:04 AM CT: At gate in Minneapolis airport. Sans cheese curds. @wendyqualls will swat me for this later.
- 7:13 AM CT: @knitonepurltoo Indeed I did like Frost / Nixon but I was sad they spliced in that phone call. Dramatic license indeed...
- 7:14 AM CT: @esmerel The package arrived safely. Thank you for bailing me out of my awe of the dumb.
- 8:45 AM CT: On the ground in Chicago. Time to kill in O'Hare.
- 9:13 AM CT: Eating the second half of my "welcome to Minneapolis" mint chocolate chip cookie package. Cookie bookends.
- 9:15 AM CT: @Finding_Quality Not enough. Two hours. Enough to find food and deal with gate changes.
- 10:43 AM CT: This line of thought doesn't imply change is coming; it implies the change has already happened and now I have to figure out what it means.
- 11:49 AM CT: Waiting for #4391 to board, and I ask myself: if the journey, not the destination, was the point, did I walk it well?
- 2:07 PM CT: Mmmm, Huntsville air: a warm, wet, ANGRY blanket slapping my lungs.
- 4:46 PM CT: Home is the feel of this well-worn quilt and the sound of his voice while he strokes my hair as we talk. I am a grateful 'cat indeed.