Friday Five: The Movies
I only participate in ye olde Friday Five when the questions interest me. Today's questions were very interesting indeed:
- You've just won a complete collection of movies starring one actor—what actor would you pick?
This is a totally unfair question. Am I allowed to pick John Cusack because I think he's hot? But that would mean I'd be forced to watch Serendipity (which I've avoided) and America's Sweethearts (which I saw once, and that was enough). I guess I could say the same for Andy Garcia, too….lousy back catalogue….just mute the sound, watch, and drool. Colin Firth's yummy too, but he's got some serious crap in his back catalogue that I don't think I'd care to watch. Kevin Spacey? Too obvious…
Hmm. Kenneth Branagh, on the strength of those modern-day Shakespeare renditions? Perhaps.
Nope—wait, I have my answer on the barest of technicalities. Alfred Hitchcock. Yo.
(I can name a director, though—I'd take a complete Steven Soderbergh collection. Does that count?)
- What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Lord of the Rings, on opening night with a batch of friends.
- What was the last video or DVD that you bought?
The BBC miniseries production of Pride and Prejudice. If I can become ANY more girly, please let me know.
- What movie could you watch over and over again and not get sick of?
- I'm still a bit in love with the BBC rendition of Pride and Prejudice
- Say Anything—it's that whole John Cusack thing. Especially that one speech. ooooooh.
- Citizen Kane? I learn something new every time I watch it…
- How do you plan to spend your weekend?
Hope that the new batch of stuff from Netflix comes in. Snitch Jeff's new book (School for Beauty and Charm) and read it while he's not reading it. If I get real industrious, I might finally make myself tackle the mess that is the library, but that'll require digging up gift certificates and buying shelves and organizing books and pictures and magazines and CRAP! and I'm just not sure I'm gonna do it. Yeah, I think I'll read.