Drupal modules for a single-user blog
I've been asked a few times what modules I'm running on the drupal installs I'm tending.
Site #1 is domesticat.net, a single-user blog running under 6.x, currently 6.8, with comments enabled. Site #2 is a firewalled company intranet focused heavily around the concept of using organic groups, has since been written up here.
Modules that are installed but unused because I haven't configured them yet are bolded. Modules that I will turn back on the moment I've got a bugfix are italicized.
I'm undoubtedly missing some fantastic ones, but these are the ones I know about and rely on.
- content_access - permits the restriction of access to content based on content type or user role
- persistent_login - provides a 'remember me' cookie
- tokenauth - provides a unique per-user token, almost always used to provide authenticated RSS feeds that give feedreaders access to content typically only accessible to logged-in users
- mollom - all-in-one anti-spam + intelligent captcha module
- spamspan - obfuscates email addresses to prevent spambot harvesting
- ajax_comments - uses AJAX to provide a smoother comment submission process
- wp_comments - restructures the comment form into a tighter layout more reminiscent of wordpress
- coder - helps convert modules from one major version of drupal to another
- deadwood - helps convert modules from one major version of drupal to another
- drush - command line shell for drupal
- atom - provides an Atom feed
comment_subscribe - allows users to receive emailed notifications of new comments or replies(deprecated)
comment_notify - allows users to receive emailed notifications of new comments or replies
- commentrss - provides an RSS feed of comments
- ljxp - cross-posts to livejournal
- mass_contact - sends mass emails to groups of users
- service_links - provides links to social sites such as reddit and delicious
- pingfm - contacts ping.fm when new content is added
- onthisday - shows content created on this day in years past.
- similarterms - shows list of entries whose terms are similar, and thus probably related
- tagadelic - generates a tag cloud
- browscap - detects and logs what browsers access your site
- mobile_theme - autodetects and presents a slimmed-down theme for mobile browsers
- custom_breadcrumbs - defines custom breadcrumb trails for content types
- custom_pagers - provides context-sensitive next/previous entries
- pathauto - defines custom URL patterns per content type
- token - gives access to custom tokens, like creation date, author, title, etc. for many uses, including defining custom URL patterns
- ed_readmore - customizes the "read more" link in posts
- fckeditor - WYSIWYG editor
- flickr - provides ability to easily embed images from flickr
- gravatar - includes gravatars in comments
- smileys - automatically turns text smileys into images
- colorbox - pretty CSS-based image display code
- advanced_help - used to provide extra help in Views
- mailhandler - allows post-by-email
- sections - allows you to define different themes for certain pages or sections of your site
- views - allows you to sort, filter, remix, and present whatever content you want in whatever layout and format you want. (Obscenely powerful.)
- xmlsitemap - generates an XML site map for search crawlers.