Smile, and feed the soul
I survived the second go-live of the week today, and my brain is sloshy and very liquid. I've been sifting through the piles of fabric I cut during the week-long power outage after the April 27th tornadoes...
and Pentatonic is actually starting to take shape. The insane idea of using only two fabrics is actually working.
There are a couple of small mistakes in my template, but it's useful for planning the general idea:
I've gotten enough stars done that I can start sorting them by similarity:
What I know:
- The star in the upper-right corner will be the center of the quilt, I think; it's such a lovely, dark vortex.
- Next I have to pick five stars to surround it, and I am inclined to go with five green ones. I have four; I just need one more.
- After that, I'll need five external points. I think those will be the purple stars on the upper-left.
- Sets of 6: 4 (These could be a total of 8 sets-of-3 depending how it shakes out)
- Sets of 5: 3
- Sets of 4: 2
- Unique: 1
It's actually happening -- one star at a time. I think a glass of wine is in order.
Now I'm thinking about how it
Now I'm thinking about how it would work to cut one of these stack-and-whack style.
(Nevermind that my last stack-and-whack try was a wadder... even if the print repeats side by side, do not think you can get eight layers out of four lengthwise reps!)