Listmaker: things enjoyed
Since I’ve been torturing you guys with long entries lately, I thought I’d throw in something a little more whimsical. Some of these answers won’t surprise you at all; some will.
4 things you would eat on the last day of your life:
- Nigiri sushi (guess I’d better die in Vancouver)
- Real vanilla ice cream with dulce de leche on top
- A few squares of super-dark, bittersweet chocolate (Valrhona rocks my world)
- Linguine with asparagus and cream sauce
4 CDs from your collection that you will never get tired of:
- Jonatha Brooke, Plumb
- Steely Dan, The Royal Scam
- Underworld, Beaucoup Fish
- Anything by Tom Lehrer
4 movies that you watch over and over:
- Say Anything
- Anything by Steven Soderbergh
- BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice
4 vacations you have taken:
- Vancouver / Victoria, British Columbia
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- A massive road trip—driving from Arkansas to California and back. Northern route out, southern route home.
4 songs you get stuck in your head frequently:
- Alan Parsons Project, “Games People Play”
- Jackopierce—any of about six different songs
- Random Bee Gees songs. Dammit.
- The Clash, “Rock The Casbah” (this one many, many times.)
4 things you’d like to learn:
- Knitting beyond the basics.
- How to create and assemble leaded-glass windows
- Perl beyond the weenie stage.
- Anything and everything I can get my hands on regarding movie criticism
4 beverages you drink frequently:
- Woody’s Ice (because we have it in the house right now)
- Wine. White: gewürtztraminer. Red: something friendly but rich like Pinot Noir.
4 TV shows that you liked when you were a kid:
I’m almost ashamed to admit that I didn’t watch TV growing up. So any answer I give would be a lie.
4 places to go in your city:
- Up on the mountain
- Yarn Expressions—I have this knitting habit…
- My house. It seems to be a required stop on the tour for geeks. How do you all find us?
4 things to do when you’re bored:
- Read. Incessantly. Have you seen my ‘library’ room? It’s scary.
- Knit. I have a ton of yarn waiting on a pattern.
- Design webpages. (Which my friends appreciate.)
4 things that never fail to cheer you up:
- The sound of a faraway friend’s voice on the phone.
- Making a design work.
- Edmund trusting me enough to crawl into my lap, snuggle up in my hair, and fall asleep.
- Culinary success.